National Housing Group offers a range of housing options and services to tenants. Our residents often acknowledge their privileged housing opportunity, and relish the opportunity and accompanying responsibility that comes with making one of our houses their homes.Residents, making National Housing Group one of Australia’s leading Housing Providers.



To apply for one of our properties please complete & return an application

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

Check the advertisement for details, new inspection times will be listed in due course. We will notify those who have submitted an inquiry of these times and update the advertisement on realestate.com.au.

Applications usually take 2-3 days to process however can take longer depending on the volume of applications and the time it takes your references to respond. If you wish to find out the progress of your application, please send us an email to housing@nationalhousinggroup.com.au. Please refrain from calling as this causes delays to the processing of all applications.

The lease term is initially 6 – 12 months

If pets are accepted, the ad will stipulate this (some buildings/landlords do not allow them)

Acceptable forms of income verification include:

  • Employer’s Declaration Form (phone 131 299 for a copy).
  • Current payslip showing gross wages (including overtime) with year to date earnings, or 6 to 8 weeks recent consecutive pay slips.
  • Current letter / statement from your employer showing current or average gross weekly income.
  • For self employed people – copy of the most recent tax return showing the net business income (gross income minus expenses) divided by 52 to determine average weekly income.
  • For self employed people – letter from a Certified Practising Accountant or Tax Consultant showing personal gross weekly income.
  • Statutory declaration signed from registrant’s parents where income is provided by the parent, stating the weekly / monthly financial support provided and value of any other support provided.
  • Statement of Income for Housing from Centrelink showing the benefit paid in the previous fortnight.
  • Statement / Letter from Centrelink, Veterans Affairs, Austudy or other Government department confirming current pension / benefit payments.



Current Passport


Birth Certificate


Australia Citizenship Certificate


Drivers Licence


Centrelink Card


Tertiary Education Student Card


Previous Tenancy Reference


Prev. Rental Payment History


Motor Vehicle Rego Certificate


Bank Statement


Further information for tenants is available in the Tenant Handbook